• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 13% mark up good or bad for an Agents margin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13% is good, my last contract was 11%. You won't really get much lower than 10%

Comment

my first contract, the client let slip what the agency was asking as a daily rate. based on what they were offering me, they were making 25%. of course, when it came to the final negotiations, "everything has changed" and they tried to cut my take by a further 10%, stuck to my guns and got them back to 20% of the total.

left me with that slimy feeling afterwards, (fec*ers trying to stiff me 5% for what?), but have got it across the line...

13% sounds pretty reasonable, however, i'm just off the boat myself

Comment

10% to 15% is norm, but don't get too hung up on it.

If you've got the gig and you're happy with the £ then forget about it - it's not worth worrying about
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
        X