• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone line

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone line

I am looking for a provider for a landline number which I can permanently divert to a mobile.

Reason is because I think it appears better when it comes to advertising my new ltd company.

I dont have a landline at home that I could use and my registered business address is my accountants so no option there either.

I have looked into BT's 0845 service, but again some people avoid ringing these numbers because they are unsure of the costs or they get blocked from wherever they are.So dont want one of those either.

any advise on other options, would be appreciated.

You can put diverts on any BT land line

Comment

use Skype or voipstunt, they provide a free local tel number, you switch it to your mobile phone.

Comment

several years ago I used a company that forwarded my
        company mail and also gave me a normal london number ie 0207
        they answered the phone with my company name and then would
        put the client on hold while they rang my mobile and put me
        through to the client.

Then I think it was about £18 a month.

http://www.setup.co.uk/index.html

Comment

0800s aren't that expensive these days. Provided by same companies doing the other non-geographic numbers and prices typically under 3ppm to landline or under 20ppm to mobile with a £5 or £10 monthly charge.

Obviously always going to be a charge for directing to a mobile network whatever option you choose.

Depends on volume of calls you expect whether you think it's worth offering a freephone number.

These are a couple I've found to give you an idea, though I've not used them so can't vouch for them:

www.call08.com
          www.telecomsworldplc.co.uk
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

re phone line

Thanks I chose the skype option & up and running now, with a what appears to be a local land line.

The skype number was not free though, cost about £12 but no line rental etc

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
              Thanks I chose the skype option & up and running now, with a what appears to be a local land line.

The skype number was not free though, cost about £12 but no line rental etc
              is that £12 just for set up ? ie no on-going fee ?

can you post a link to the web address

Cheers
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

re phone line

What you need is SKYPEIn see link

http://www.skype.com/products/skypein/

What I have done all kicks in when your not logged into skype on your PC.

As I want this as a permanent thing, the way round it is to create a 2nd free skype account which you can use as normal voip, but your 1st account remains permanently logged off, so the skype in number is always active and diverted to where ever.

its £12 for 3 months, thought I'd test it first, before commiting to a year.

hope that helps.
                Last edited by DaveP; 27 April 2007, 09:11.

Comment

phone line

I have just found this site

http://0700.uk2numbers.co.uk/index.cfm?go=UKhome

which seems ok, if your interested.

Comment

I use Voipfone which also does this.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X