• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging for interviews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging for interviews?

After conducting two back to back interviews my boss came out of the conference room and said 'What a waste of £600'
    The candidates had been put forward by two of the S3 agencies, and according to my boss, a £300 charge for phone interviews is fairly standard practice.
    I have never charged for an interview, even where significant travel and expense has been involved. It seems that agencies may have been billing prospective clients however.
    Do any of you guys charge for interviews?

Never charged for an interview, but I did have a company reimburse me for the travel expenditure once.
    threenine.co.uk
    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by pedro
      After conducting two back to back interviews my boss came out of the conference room and said 'What a waste of £600'
      The candidates had been put forward by two of the S3 agencies, and according to my boss, a £300 charge for phone interviews is fairly standard practice.
      I have never charged for an interview, even where significant travel and expense has been involved. It seems that agencies may have been billing prospective clients however.
      No.

But you owe me £100 for that peice of information.

The invoice is in the post [ which'll cost you another £25 because it's on company stationary ] and it's £50 for me to wlak to the post office, however I'll waive the cost of the stamp as you seem like a nice person.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
        No.

But you owe me £100 for that peice of information.

The invoice is in the post [ which'll cost you another £25 because it's on company stationary ] and it's £50 for me to wlak to the post office, however I'll waive the cost of the stamp as you seem like a nice person.

Hmmm... With typing like that no wonder the company is stationary [/fleety OFF
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Hmmm... With typing like that no wonder the company is stationary [/fleety OFF
          I let my PA have the day off.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            Strictly speaking EBs should pay for the interview costs as we are being sourced by them for the benefit of their clients and themselves (if they win the gig). Why should we pay it?
            supply and demand

Comment

I have to take my hat off to these agencies, they are charging the client for submitting tenders in effect, and the sub-contractors (ie. candidates) are submitting their tenders free of charge.
              I think I might tart up my CV and add a footer stating that all phone calls received in relation to possible contracts will be charged at a fixed fee of £250 !!!!

Comment

I have to take my hat off to these agencies, they are charging the client for submitting tenders in effect, and the sub-contractors (ie. candidates) are submitting their tenders free of charge.
                I think I might tart up my CV and add a footer stating that all phone calls received in relation to possible contracts will be charged at a fixed fee of £250 !!!!
                I bet your phone will be ringing like crazy then....

Comment

Get yourself a Premium rate number, as a contact number on your CV
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Standard practice for for all agencies, or just for S3, I wonder.

I've never heard of this one before I must say. But thanks for the "heads up". It will make me think twice the next time an agent is keen for me to attend an interview that I am only half-interested in.

I wonder if, legally, they should declare that this is being charged in advance to the contractor?

Comment

Working...
                    X