• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging for interviews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedro
    After conducting two back to back interviews my boss came out of the conference room and said 'What a waste of £600'
    The candidates had been put forward by two of the S3 agencies, and according to my boss, a £300 charge for phone interviews is fairly standard practice.
    I have never charged for an interview, even where significant travel and expense has been involved. It seems that agencies may have been billing prospective clients however.
    Do any of you guys charge for interviews?
    I think your boss is very naive !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
      I think your boss is very naive !
      Indeed. I've had agencies try it on with me...my counter offer is that I will pay for a candidate who is successful, but I will then have them go direct...soon shuts them up.

Personally, my company does pre-sales meetings, not interviews...

Comment

Working...
      X