• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Anyone Here Set Up A SUCCESSFULL IT business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finemeabnb

sorry , best of luck with it and all .. but man o man sort out that search page ffs .. the fact that there are 9 possible search fields in the BASIC search shows how little you have considered usability .. when I saw the button marked advanced search I just pissed meself .. you wanna maybe think about simplifying it huh?

Comment

Usability

neh?

Really, we've had an aweful lot of people esp no it users test the usability and contribute to it, all of them managed to figure out the fields on the front page are each seperate simple searches.

Is (for example) "Find me a B'n'B in this county: " followed by a list of counties and a "go" button really that confusing.

All feedback both positive and negative welcome.

Regards, S

Comment

rofl .. all feedback that points out how badly designed it is will be ignored however ,,, lol

Comment

Neh?

What? I wasn't ignored, I asked you (and anyone else reading) a further question.

You are one opinion v's 23 others, we're not going to rush and change it for you, if you've got something further to add it's most welcome.

As 7 of the others were non net users and our client base, whereas I assume you're familiar with the net and computers I have to admit I'm puzzled about your comment.

Do enlighen me.

Regards, S

Comment

Successful Business

Yea check out www.trainersoftware.com. We have finished programming it, quite an investment, and are already getting resellers and customers making pre-orders before our marketing has even started just by chancing across the website (not even submitted to search engines yet!)!

Also even better we've had meetings with Reebok, looks like they may be interested in buying the whole thing off us hook line and sinker and giving us a rolling contract for updates!

Not sure I'll go with this though as I think revenue from sales direct is gonna overtake the bottom line that Reebok were talking.

Dave.

ps. On web-site I know it says '12 units available'. This is because we we're messing around with an auto-stock thingy and invented the number 12! I'll fix it soon!

Comment

Re: Successful Business

RAMMShack Motherboards was launched properly yesterday evening - and has made a couple of potential sales already - both in the dead of night. So hopefully that augers well for us.

Comment

Sorry about the size of the signature. It used to be much more - errr - discrete - but EZBoard changed the posting method, and now there's no control over the size of a graphic.

Comment

ramms

Would you mind telling me how you go about getting suppiers etc to set up such a business?

It's not our kind of thing but someone asked the other day and I didn't have a clue.

Cheers, S

Comment

Re: ramms

Well RAMMS was originally set up with the help of my accountant and friend, as it was required to trade as a contractor. RAMMShack is an extension of that business.

Comment

RobAnt,

You might want to use the following code for your sig:

{image width=138 height=43} {/image}

substituting curly braces {, } for square brackets [, ]

Comment

Working...
                      X