• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

having two contracts at the same time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having two contracts at the same time

how many people here have ever worked on two contracts at the same time??
    and was that too stressful to handle??

Originally posted by wantacontract
    how many people here have ever worked on two contracts at the same time??
    and was that too stressful to handle??
    Me!

But that was one agency "bum on seat" and one fixed priced which I did from 18:00 to 01:00 for a few months per year. Madness to most people, but then the work kicked off and I left contracting for good and now have several clients on the book, no agencies and no IR35.

If you are prepared to make the sacrifice (easier without kids) and you make the best of your opportunities, you can do it.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I heard someone did two contracts for the same client in two different offices.

He billed full time to both managers.

I think you can guess the rest

tim

Comment

Yes - one main "bum on seat" and one ad-hoc - upgrading PCs etc in the evenings and weekends occasionally.
        Made certain they didn't impact the others!
        I also had one perm non-IT job - just a few hours a week, did the odd moves weekend for another company, and managed to raise a few direct invoices for fixing friends computers as well, in the evenings.
        So I think that makes 5 at the same time
        It is possible - but most of what I did was ad hoc, so I could accept or reject, if I was too tired. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to do a full week, then work another 20 hours/week for another company - it would have finished me off

Comment

I did this for a year - project was winding down so I sold them on me doing a day per week for the next few months - wasn't difficult to do. Just a case of setting expectations. Fitted it around my other work.

I have just started doing the same thing again - this time it's a bit of dev work which is pretty open ended and they are happy to have it done remotely
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I did this for a year - project was winding down so I sold them on me doing a day per week for the next few months - wasn't difficult to do. Just a case of setting expectations. Fitted it around my other work.

I have just started doing the same thing again - this time it's a bit of dev work which is pretty open ended and they are happy to have it done remotely
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
            X