• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions - contract and expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions - contract and expenses

Hi all

This is related to a previous thread about a contract I've got in Paris. Have received the contract but want to get it checked. Not specifically for IR35 (as would prob use Bauer&Cotrell for that), but just for general T&C's. Anyone got any suggestions? Also anyone know of a good accountant that can advise me on how to best set myself up? Via a ltd or to stay with my current umbrella? With regards to expenses, do I need to include them in my contract as they have send me a Standard Expenses document outlining what I can claim and how. Sorry for the 1001 questions!!!

What do they say. You claim them through invoice?

Comment

submitting a monthly expense claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamski
        submitting a monthly expense claim.
        One thing about France can be the payment terms. This might not be a problem if you are dealing with a UK agent but it can be a problem if dealing direct.

Most of the French companys I have dealt with always pay on "10th after 60". effectively this means:

Work January
        Invoice by 10th Feb
        Payment 10th April [If the invoice wasnt duly signed off by the 10th it will will be the 10th of May - submission of the authorised invoice started the clock]

Never any problmes with them meeting that schedule - everything generally popped out like clockwork - but it can mean that you are carrying a lot on the sals ledger which needs to be budgeted for. Also try and ensure you have the written commitment up front. It can be a bugger getting paperwork to support invoices out of anybody French.

Comment

Working...
        X