• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

grants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grants

I'm looking at a startup business with ex-colleagues in the software industry. Does anyone know of any grants that an IT company could be eligible for (too old for princes trust btw). VC's will obviously want my head on a plate and if I can get partial funding throughgrants it would be a good start. I've had a look round but unless I'm setting up in the arse end of Wales they look a bit thin on the ground...

re: grants

Welcome to Gordon Clown's world of helping small businesses

In all seriousness, you have to set up in known employment "blackspots" and employ the local people. Try talking to your Employment Agency (aka Job centre). They use to have a special team that helped people become self employed with what aid was available locally.
    I assume that function hasn't been cut to keep costs down.

Comment

re: grants

Thanks partimer, I thought I'd be clutching at straws looking at grants.
      'IT company? Thames Valley? Bugger off...'

Comment

Scottish Enterprise

Give you a maximum grant of £500 towards IT equipment. You put in 1.2k they refunf £500.

The bizarre thing is that it applies to all businesses -if you wanted to set up a business renting out an inflatable bouncy castle....they give you £500 towards a pc.......!

Comment

Take a look at this article

www.freepint.com/issues/0...tm#feature

Comment

Working...
          X