• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie looking to contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie looking to contract?

Oh my wife, my children, my mortgage

Yet another failed 'permie' hits the dust

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
      No SOH.
      Yeah I have but just didn't see how your post was funny, just looked like you was taking the piss

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Rebel
        Permie looking to contract?

Oh my wife, my children, my mortgage

Yet another failed 'permie' hits the dust

A lot of people think this way. I was in the same position, but made the jump and never looked back. Yes it was a risk, but I figured I had to do something to break out of the humdrum of permiedom, or I'd still be doing it til I died.

What people don't realise is that 95% of employees will not get anywhere in their "secure" job - and they will still be there in 20 years time earning £40k a year with mortgage payments to make and dreaming of "early" retirement at 60.

That's if the "security" of the job doesn't vanish.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
          Yeah I have but just didn't see how your post was funny, just looked like you was taking the piss
          Apologies,
          I was badly hungover yesterday morning, so my posts where a bit off.

Comment

Working...
          X