• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company not giving proper notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus
    This story ended quite happily

Go on then.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farmer
      Go on then.
      Oh okay.. I got my half-month's payout plus some extra for the additional work I did. They rejected two of my quotes for some work they still needed doing, so I said to myself: stuff this, did the minimal amount of work to satisfy the requirements (and a little bit more I just could not leave undone), and just gave it to them and asked for my two weeks. Plus what they thought the other stuff was worth. They gave me a bit extra which I was quite happy with.

Lots of whingeing on my part (Aussie whingeing, hasn't failed yet ), and luckily no threats required.

The misunderstanding happened because a) I assumed what was best for me and b) they're a small startup where money is tight and they assumed the same for themselves.

I'm happy with the outcome, and especially that they gave me a job at the beginning and the skills I picked up. I hope they're happy too. They did ask me before if I would like to work for them again once more work (and money) comes in, and I'm quite willing to do that.

Comment

Working...
      X