• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attracting web-site traffic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : original discussions

Well, we do seem to have gone of track a bit - hope the discussion has been entertaining to the lurkers, they probably ignored the thread long ago

Anyway, for a new, small, locally based website I still hold to the opinion, backed by experience with real small businesses, that offline offers a better bang for your buck.

So do many others:
    www.maniactive.com/offlin...tising.htm
    advertising.about.com/lib...21100a.htm
    www.drnunley.com/ARTCL35.htm
    www.findmyhosting.com/web...ffline.htm
    oh, and Google too:
    www.google.com/jobs/marke...#intl_spec

As for Google's technology, if you are really interested - go here www-db.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html

Comment

Re: Re : original discussions

well, I was not trying to suggest that local high street takeaway will benefit most from Google's adwords!!! Obviousyl there are limits to where its applicable! It seems to me that yuo are dealing with this sort of people, so your point of view does seem to be justified. However, I am personally convinced that almost every business can benefit from proper ecommerce strategy

peace

p.s. since you've clearly lost this argument on all points you do owe me a few good bottles of beer from Germany, I will pick it in Brum or Wolves at time of your choosing but not exceeding 3 months

Comment

Re: Lost Argument

Obviously Russians have a different definition of the words 'Argument' and 'Lost'.

Here we would call this a discussion on the merits of two marketing methods. Both positions include online and offline advertising as valid methods, just different weightings.

You obviously have some experience in online marketing.
        I have experience of both approaches and if I could show my clients that online marketing was the cost effective way to go then I would reccomend it every time. You see that way I could sell most of them a website, hosting and on-going online marketing where I (rather than the cinema) would make most of the profit too!

Comment

Re: Lost Argument

> Obviously Russians have a different definition of the
          > words 'Argument' and 'Lost'.

We don't have the L word in our vocabulary

> You obviously have some experience in online marketing.

yeah, you can say that

> I have experience of both approaches and if I could show
          > my clients that online marketing was the cost effective way
          > to go then I would reccomend it every time.

i am active pro-proponent of ecommerce however I do recognize role of offline things that can be made more powerful by being linked to online media.

Comment

Working...
          X