• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hagans88 View Post
    I made the mistake of accepting a contract from Vector without reading the payment terms (my bad I will not be making that mistake again). The contract ended on the 9th of June and I still haven't been paid or given a date of when I can expect to be paid. When you email their Finance team you will just receive an automated email back and there is no way to speak to them on the phone.

I have spoken to my umbrella company who have said that they have a few people who have accepted a Vector contract and are in the same position as myself. The umbrella company have been in contact with Vector but get the same automated email back.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can try to get them to pay the money I'm owed and also can umbrella companies apply late payment fees on my behalf? I have been reading up on the late payment of commercial debts act and understand that after 30 days if there is no payment date agreed then the payment is viewed as late but I am unsure if this applies.

Thanks in advance!
    Contact client. If they are willing to confirm they have paid Vector and give you the date of payment, then I'd have thought the late payment act would apply from that date?

Comment

Originally posted by Hagans88 View Post
      I made the mistake of accepting a contract from Vector without reading the payment terms (my bad I will not be making that mistake again). The contract ended on the 9th of June and I still haven't been paid or given a date of when I can expect to be paid. When you email their Finance team you will just receive an automated email back and there is no way to speak to them on the phone.

I have spoken to my umbrella company who have said that they have a few people who have accepted a Vector contract and are in the same position as myself. The umbrella company have been in contact with Vector but get the same automated email back.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can try to get them to pay the money I'm owed and also can umbrella companies apply late payment fees on my behalf? I have been reading up on the late payment of commercial debts act and understand that after 30 days if there is no payment date agreed then the payment is viewed as late but I am unsure if this applies.

Thanks in advance!
      Turn up at their office and don't take no for an answer.

Comment

I was expecting payment today and not received it.

Comment

Vector resourcing

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
          I was expecting payment today and not received it.
          I have the same issue. I was expecting payment on 21-12-2018. I did not receive it. When I contacted them they said they have not received payment from end client. However end client says they have paid.

Now they won't call back when they promise to do so or reply to my emails asking when can i expect to be paid.

Seems to me they do this to most of there contractors.

Comment

1. Communicate with them by email, not on the phone.
            2. If they do phone you, ask them to confirm the conversation in writing.
            3. If they won’t confirm it, or there are parts of the conversation you disagree with or feel they twisted your words, reply to them by email clarifying it. Do NOT get emotional in the emails, stay professional.
            4. If you want to go legal they will drag this out as long as possible, hoping you will give up or you will run out of money
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by theplayer View Post
              I have the same issue. I was expecting payment on 21-12-2018. I did not receive it. When I contacted them they said they have not received payment from end client. However end client says they have paid.

Now they won't call back when they promise to do so or reply to my emails asking when can i expect to be paid.

And this is why I never opt out of Agency Regs. If you don't opt out it is irrelevant if the agency has been paid or not.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                And this is why I never opt out of Agency Regs. If you don't opt out it is irrelevant if the agency has been paid or not.
                Doesn’t really solve the problem for a contractor working through a lying agency.

They are refusing to pay.

If you haven’t opted out and the agent refuses to pay, what do you differently to recoup your money?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Doesn’t really solve the problem for a contractor working through a lying agency.

They are refusing to pay.

If you haven’t opted out and the agent refuses to pay, what do you differently to recoup your money?
                  It removes that whole part of the mess. We don't really know for a fact that the client has definitely paid.

But yes, if an agency is determined not to pay then it probably won't help.

Comment

Do not understand anything technical either

Originally posted by theplayer View Post

I am not surprised had a call from one of there recruiters (questionable, used to serve coffee in a cafe), recruiting for a Data Warehouse PM, didn't understand the difference between Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence or anything technical at all, how can you recruit foe a role you simply do not understand, moronic !!!, so I am not surprised they don't pay and use siilly excuses, send them a letter asking for the money to be paid, allow a reasonable amount of time, do this 3 times, if they don't pay take then to court and get a CCJ. NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEM AT ALL.

Comment

Working...
                    X