• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vector Resourcing - Any experience of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have introduced a new payment system recently.

Good news is that it is all online, unlike their old system of manual timesheets that had to be sent by post.

Bad news is they only do one payment run per month. If you miss it, or can't get anyone to authorise it it time, you are stuck until next month.

Comment

I've done a bit of work through them and didn't have any problems. The individual agents seem to hang around which is usually a good sign also.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Mcgregor Boyle though. Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole.
        What problems did you have with McGregor Boyall ? I worked via them for nearly 3 years and thought they were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by simos View Post
          My experience with them? OMG!! the worst i have ever had with any agent. Still they owe me money since end October. The worst experience!!!!
          Thanks, good to know, just added them to my personal black list.

Comment

Vector could render me bankrupt...

Originally posted by WebSpec View Post
            They are not REC registered; says it all really. I am in dispute with them at the moment over payment.
            Still trying to get nearly 15k out of them since October.

Comment

Originally posted by paulbrand View Post
              Still trying to get nearly 15k out of them since October.
              Have you taken 'legal steps' yet? If not it might be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by icantdance View Post
                Bad news is they only do one payment run per month. If you miss it, or can't get anyone to authorise it it time, you are stuck until next month.
                They have now decided that their new online system takes 7 working days to process an invoice. (Invoices for 4 Dec get paid on 15 Dec, not including BACS.) Their old manual system took one day.

Not what you would call an improvement...

Comment

I think you can assume they are going down the pan.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I wouldn't work thrugh them again

I've been working with through them for a while. They are by far the worst agency I've ever worked through. No engagement, high margins, very poor and inflexible payment system. Every dealing with them, apart from the recruitment process has been a demonstration of how not to run an agency. Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                      I've been working with through them for a while. They are by far the worst agency I've ever worked through. No engagement, high margins, very poor and inflexible payment system. Every dealing with them, apart from the recruitment process has been a demonstration of how not to run an agency. Awful.
                      Yes and no. I've been with them for a while and would say that they are functional and reliable. I've never had a late payment and never had to chase anything with them. However, perhaps all agencies are like this.

I agree with you on some points. I've never had any input from them regarding contract renewals. I put my business proposals to the client directly. I largely negotiate rates with the client directly. I have never received anything from Vector - other agency contractors here get taken out to drinks or lunch and get bottles of champagne for their custom. And yes, Vector are expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X