• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian agencies calling on behalf of companies like Wipro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Need some wise input on this.

Recently I am getting calls from Indian recruitment agencies that seem to be UK based with Indian recruiters that sound like they are in India. They usually have a UK number but by all evidence the person seems to be somewhere in India.

Usually their opportunities seem to be associated with Wipro or the likes.

Why don't companies like Wipro put up the contract work on their websites? Or is it cheaper for them to outsource to recruiters like this and avoid admin?

I have some gripe about these recruiters that don't seem to read the CV even when I have abundantly specified experience and credentials with proof.

Put the phone down then just block their numbers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hard life this contracting malarkey isn't it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm. Indian consultancy uses Indian recruiters to find local resource.
        Is this a problem? Would you prefer they use English recruiters?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Hmmmm. Indian consultancy uses Indian recruiters to find local resource.
          Is this a problem? Would you prefer they use English recruiters?
          Wipro do use British recruitment agencies as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Wipro do use British recruitment agencies as well.
            I imagine they use whoever they need to get the resource they need. That being said I’ve not come across a Wipro person who’s any good.

Anyway. I can’t see what the problem is that made the OP raise this.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              I imagine they use whoever they need to get the resource they need. That being said I’ve not come across a Wipro person who’s any good.

Anyway. I can’t see what the problem is that made the OP raise this.

Some of us can see the problem. Sadly, I can't say it on a public seeing forum.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
                Hello all,

Need some wise input on this.

Recently I am getting calls from Indian recruitment agencies that seem to be UK based with Indian recruiters that sound like they are in India. They usually have a UK number but by all evidence the person seems to be somewhere in India.

Usually their opportunities seem to be associated with Wipro or the likes.

Why don't companies like Wipro put up the contract work on their websites? Or is it cheaper for them to outsource to recruiters like this and avoid admin?

I have some gripe about these recruiters that don't seem to read the CV even when I have abundantly specified experience and credentials with proof.
                My trusted friendly agent at TEK told me what they do is identify a target clientco, advertise roles that don't exist yet, tie up candidates up on a rate (usually) lower, then pitch it to clientco cos they all these cheap skilled guys, plenty cheapness.

Then either they're in but all the decent contractos have got something else leave the crap and everyone complains, or they don't get in and you never hear anything but don't care anyway....

Comment

I guess it's a question about trust and a new territory.

Of course nothing wrong with them calling, but their operations aren't as refined as you would get from a recruitment company in the UK for example. This just made me question and wonder if you guys had any advice.

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyProtein View Post
                    I guess it's a question about trust and a new territory.

Of course nothing wrong with them calling, but their operations aren't as refined as you would get from a recruitment company in the UK for example. This just made me question and wonder if you guys had any advice.
                    Advice is to put the phone down and block their numbers.

Oh and if you want to do a nose then if they spam you look them up on Companies House. You will find companies with odd things like very small turnover or large loans.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 31 October 2017, 10:12.

Comment

Working...
                    X