• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever had a client insist you use a specific accountant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would anyone in the chain know what accountant you used? It might be on your company accounts when they are filed with CoHo but that proves nothing, and doesn't count in this case.

The accountancy aren't going to tell anyone because that would breach your confidence, and you wouldn't have to show anything because that is your (and their) commercial confidence as well.

TBH, I've never heard of an accountant being forced on a contractor - and unless they happened to be the accountant I was already with, I'd be walking briskly away.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      How would anyone in the chain know what accountant you used? It might be on your company accounts when they are filed with CoHo but that proves nothing, and doesn't count in this case.

The accountancy aren't going to tell anyone because that would breach your confidence, and you wouldn't have to show anything because that is your (and their) commercial confidence as well.

TBH, I've never heard of an accountant being forced on a contractor - and unless they happened to be the accountant I was already with, I'd be walking briskly away.
      I suspect there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Case closed.

Comment

I suspect you are seeing the impact of the Criminal Finance Act kicking in. Effectively if an agency are complicit with evasion they can land on the naughty step.

I am fairly sure you will start to see some recruitment firms ask for certificates of compliance from accountants in the near future.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
        X