• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psych test before interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is you can't manipulate the test because if you are "manipulating" it to impress, it simply shows how you expect you will behave in your new role. Someone who fails the test wouldn't have a clue about what the tester is looking for.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The point is you can't manipulate the test because if you are "manipulating" it to impress, it simply shows how you expect you will behave in your new role. Someone who fails the test wouldn't have a clue about what the tester is looking for.

These tests can be manipulated and I've always done so very successfully

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        These tests can be manipulated and I've always done so very successfully
        but the fact that you successfully "manipulated" the test means you're the man for the job. That's the whole point it is a "psycho" test.
        The only way you can put answers that don't reflect "you" is to answer randomly and then you would fail.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Jeez - another "Im going to act like a prima donna contractor because Im special".

WTF has it got to do with IR35?

If client tells you the interview will involve you slapping your knob on the table and if they think its big enough you get the git. You then have a choice - turn up or not? If the client wants to recruit whichever way they want its up to them. As its up to you to throw your toys out of the cot and strop off.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            If you want the interview take the test. If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be worried. If you don't want the interview don't take the test. No point in wasting time thinking about it.
            Sorry, if you've nothing to hide, you shouldnt be worried? What a load of BS.

Sadly, this attitude of just accepting what the client wants to get the interview is precisely why these stupid tests are creeping in for contract work.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Jeez - another "Im going to act like a prima donna contractor because Im special".
              Oh the irony.

WTF has it got to do with IR35?
              He's explained why already.
              If client tells you the interview will involve you slapping your knob on the table and if they think its big enough you get the git. You then have a choice - turn up or not? If the client wants to recruit whichever way they want its up to them. As its up to you to throw your toys out of the cot and strop off.
              Lucky for you that isn't part of a standard interview.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I left permiedom so that I could get away from such crap, so I wouldn't bother with the interview (I got burned on one of these during a permie interview some years before I started contracting). It sounds like they need permies in the guise of contractors.

If their interview process is so poor that they need this and you can game it, then do it.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Shame this isn't in General
                  You are quite correct. This isn't General.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I left permiedom so that I could get away from such crap, so I wouldn't bother with the interview (I got burned on one of these during a permie interview some years before I started contracting). It sounds like they need permies in the guise of contractors.
                    Exactly. You have to have a bit of self-respect.

Comment

Interview is in one hour, didn't do the test, see how it goes and if they mention it.
                      Shaved and dressed my suit, I'm off now

Comment

Working...
                      X