• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calculate UK dividend tax by CALENDAR year for NL tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculate UK dividend tax by CALENDAR year for NL tax return

I have a house in the Netherlands, work in Ireland Monday to Thursday, but still bill from my UK limited company. I am having trouble with my NL 2016 tax return. The UK accountant for my limited company is unable to tell me the tax I paid on my dividends for 2016 calendar year (i.e. NL tax year) as they only calculate the tax by the UK tax year dates. Is this a problem anyone has experience with? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by bluepaneko View Post
    I have a house in the Netherlands, work in Ireland Monday to Thursday, but still bill from my UK limited company. I am having trouble with my NL 2016 tax return. The UK accountant for my limited company is unable to tell me the tax I paid on my dividends for 2016 calendar year (i.e. NL tax year) as they only calculate the tax by the UK tax year dates. Is this a problem anyone has experience with? Thanks in advance.
    Your accountant can't do basic maths? tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepaneko View Post
      You must know what dates you received the dividends don't you? it's that simple. What can be the problem here except you and your accountant don't know how to add up?

Comment

Living in Netherlands, working in Ireland but using UK Limited... Is that even a viable model? Must be if the OP is doing it but sounds very weird.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          You must know what dates you received the dividends don't you? it's that simple. What can be the problem here except you and your accountant don't know how to add up?
          I was going to answer something similar.
          What he wants is the tax paid on it though.

If, like me, OP has sporadic dividends it's quite a challenge to determine how much tax is paid if the tax year doesn't match. If there are 12 equal payments then it's simple.

If sporadic I'd calculate a figure pro-rata. Not a lot of choice really.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            I was going to answer something similar.
            What he wants is the tax paid on it though.

If, like me, OP has sporadic dividends it's quite a challenge to determine how much tax is paid if the tax year doesn't match. If there are 12 equal payments then it's simple.

If sporadic I'd calculate a figure pro-rata. Not a lot of choice really.
            Yes, you're right - sporadic dividends and also the rates changed part way through the calendar year. I'll do two pro-ratas for the two rates. Thanks.

Comment

What taxes do you pay in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                What taxes do you pay in Ireland?
                Ominous, but not unexpected silence.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X