• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Renewal Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Renewal Time

Well, that's come around quickly; my first contract is almost done and I've been asked by the end client to renew. Discussed with the agency, tried (and failed) to negotiate a little rate increase, but that wasn't unexpected due to a lack of leverage.

However; my end date is November 3rd and there's no paperwork on my desk (or in my inbox..) to sign yet. I've been speaking with other agents about a handful of roles and made a couple of submissions - no interview requests yet but submissions were last week. I'm thinking that maybe I should be actively looking and submitting for roles until I have a renewal signed and agreed - am I right in thinking that?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm.. Tough one that...
    Last edited by northernladuk; 13 October 2017, 13:35.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      I'm thinking that maybe I should be actively looking and submitting for roles until I have a renewal signed and agreed - am I right in thinking that?
      Yes
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Definetly.

Comment

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Comment

Until you don't have the contract signed you should look for other opportunities. You are on the right path.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              Until you don't have the contract signed you should look for other opportunities. You are on the right path.

Good luck
              That is completely wrong. Run it through Google translate again and have another go.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 13 October 2017, 13:56.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good luck
                Completely agree with this - although I'd also suggest depending on your relationship with the end client you could just ask whether there is any hold up at their end. If there is then you might want to mention that in the absence of anything you might have to start considering other opportunities if they come up (and agent might be able to help with that).

If no hold up on client end then they should be able to put some pressure on the agent to get their act together. I know I certainly had to do this a few times in my permie days as (a) didn't want to risk contractor downing tools / having a break / finding an alternative job when I needed stuff delivered and (b) not fair on contractor if we'd OK'd everything at our end.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Definetly.
                  Definitely

FTFY
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good luck
                    wrong loop....

do
                    {
                    you should look for other opportunities
                    }
                    until (you don't have the contract signed }

should be....

while(you don't have the contract signed)
                    {
                    you should look for other opportunities
                    }

Comment

Working...
                    X