• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there life in Newcastle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borderreiver View Post
    I think Newcastle is generally a poor location for contractors. For every one gig I hear of there, I hear of 10+ in Edinburgh and Glasgow .
    FTFY
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      FTFY
      Get yersel doon the Bigg Market, plenty of "life" doon there bonny lad.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Get yersel doon the Bigg Market, plenty of "life" doon there bonny lad.

qh
        Central is where all the good drinking places are (well, except for the Old George off High Bridge St, that is!), the Bigg Market is so yesterday now even the chavers avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          Central is where all the good drinking places are (well, except for the Old George off High Bridge St, that is!), the Bigg Market is so yesterday now even the chavers avoid it.
          Not been out there in a long while, think it was when the nightclub boat was still there (Tuxedo Princess?) with the revolving dance floor. And how it listed to one side making you think you were more drunk than you really were.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Not been out there in a long while, think it was when the nightclub boat was still there (Tuxedo Princess?) with the revolving dance floor. And how it listed to one side making you think you were more drunk than you really were.

qh
            In my day it was Tuxedo Royale. All gone now - the Princess was scrapped in Turkey the Royale caught fire in Boro....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm based near enough to Newcastle to be qualified to answer this, I suppose. Overall contracting opportunity seems poor in the entire North East, not just Newcastle. There does seem to be the odd sprinkle of development based contracts, but the ones I've seen tend to be fairly specific and short lived.

Comment

Working...
              X