• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom boom boom sigh.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    The trick is to make it back quick. The longest I had on the bench was 3 months. At the end of that company year I was only £3k down on the previous year even though the day rate was the same. I just skipped holidays to make it back.

The hardest part of benchtime is what to do. I was f*** bored. I need a hobby for next time. I understand why people play golf or garden now.

As for signing on. If you're not willing to take a perm job then you shouldn't be signing on.
    Definitely, for me it's running, mountain biking, photography, motorcycling - I sometimes wonder how I fit in a job

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      The trick is to make it back quick. The longest I had on the bench was 3 months. At the end of that company year I was only £3k down on the previous year even though the day rate was the same. I just skipped holidays to make it back.

The hardest part of benchtime is what to do. I was f*** bored. I need a hobby for next time. I understand why people play golf or garden now.

As for signing on. If you're not willing to take a perm job then you shouldn't be signing on.
      Those aren't the guidelines for job centre fella...
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Those aren't the guidelines for job centre fella...
        We bow to your expertise on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          We bow to your expertise on the matter.
          Post of the day.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
          X