• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV writing services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV writing services

Are they worth the 1 days pay they charge?

This has been asked a ton of times and a lot of discussion already on here.

Use the search method described in the FAQ. In a nutshell it will tell you to type 'CV writing site:forums.contractoruk.com' in Google.

Quick answer is no.

Try attending one of the seminars that are regularly advertised on here instead?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The outcomes that I'm aware of have always been generally positive - I guess it depends on who you use, what you are looking for, and how much information / help you provide them with when they write the profile for you.

When I'm next out of contract I will probably take another look at Matt Craven's services and see whether it's worth doing. I would be wary of saying an absolute no without looking carefully at what is being offered, though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Also depends on your role - they struggled to understand Agile and most of my CV came out PM focused.

Still worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Why don't you just ask a couple of trusted agents to review your CV and provide feedback ? Saves any money you would spend on these CV companies.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Why don't you just ask a couple of trusted agents to review your CV and provide feedback ? Saves any money you would spend on these CV companies.
            This, or even get them to send you a few examples of CVs they find succesful to guide your own.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Never found one of those

Comment

No, next.

Comment

Total waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                    Are they worth the 1 days pay they charge?
                    I wouldn't pay a grand for a CV rewrite.

Comment

Working...
                    X