• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Jobserve a waste of time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I update my CV on jobserve and wait for the phone to start ringing. Usually then have to disable the CV a week later to stop the phone from ringing.

I don't use it much to actively look for advertised roles as there seems to be a lot more going on which isn't necessarily advertised.

Comment

Well, to round things off (having started the thread) I've now got a new job! I had an interview a week ago, got offered the same day and start on Monday. The only down-side is that it's only until the end of November. On the upside, the day after accepting the role I was offered another position closer to home on more money and to start whenever I wanted!!!!!

The first position was via Jobserve, the second via an ex-colleague

Comment

Thanks for updating Andy and congrats on the new roles.

Comment

I apply for roles on Jobserve probably like anyone else, but to be honest probably 1 in 30 maybe more actually gets in touch, seems a waste of time to be honest for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmercer View Post
            I apply for roles on Jobserve probably like anyone else, but to be honest probably 1 in 30 maybe more actually gets in touch, seems a waste of time to be honest for me.
            Seems a lot that. Over what time period do you apply for 30 gigs? A week, a month?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X