• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 and Umbrella required Jobs - Spring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 and Umbrella required Jobs - Spring

Hi All,

Just looking through the usual job portals and notice that all from Spring Tech advertised state the following: "THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED INSIDE OF IR35- YOU WILL NEED TO BE ENGAGED THROUGH AN UMBRELLA COMPANY"

Surely they cant do that and exclude those that are Ltd company? assume they can as they have advertised it but you know what I mean? Is this an increasing thing? Been on a very long term contract that has been renewed the last few years and looking as project coming to an end.

Thoughts?

What am I reading? You've no idea what's happened in the Public Sector at all???

Go to the Public Sector IR35 part of the forums and start reading.

Type the same in to Google and read that as well.

But yes they can and they have.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 15:06.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What am I reading? You've no idea what's happened in the Public Sector at all???

Go to the Public Sector IR35 part of the forums and start reading.

Type the same in to Google and read that as well.

But yes they can and they have.
      I suppose they could let you use your limited company but given how public sector IR35 contracts now work few companies are stupid enough to waste their time doing so. They advice to use an umbrella is a decent one - especially if you can pick the umbrella
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I suppose they could let you use your limited company but given how public sector IR35 contracts now work few companies are stupid enough to waste their time doing so. They advice to use an umbrella is a decent one - especially if you can pick the umbrella
        They (the agent) would have to do the PAYE deductions if you used a LTD. They're not geared up for that hence the push to Umbrellas.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          They (the agent) would have to do the PAYE deductions if you used a LTD. They're not geared up for that hence the push to Umbrellas.
          Some are and will offer X rate for them to do it or Y rate for the brolly to do it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks all, will head over ad brush up

Comment

Working...
            X