+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I disagree, let the agent try it on, then tell them that since they are making these claims about client payments, you will present their claims to the client. If the client agrees that they signed the timesheets in error, then you go after the client. If the client denies all knowledge, then they won't use the lying scum agent ever again.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Faqqed Off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In future, I would include additional text on the timesheet along the lines of "I confirm that the hours detailed above have been worked to our satisfaction and agree that <clientco> can be invoiced for at the agreed rate"

An agency I used years ago had it on their timesheet but I can't find a copy of it anywhere to give you the exact wording.
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership
    Monday 27th November 1230-1330: IPSE Update on the Autumn Budget for contractors. Register here.

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd tell them to foxtrot oscar unless they had irrefutable proof I wasnt on site on the day in question because I know I was.

Obviously, if I wasnt on site, I wouldnt have claimed the day as Im meticulous in my record keeping.

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In this case, what would the situation be if you asked the client to provide a source control log (assuming you are a dev). If they refuse can that work in your favour?

Bee

Banned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Finished up in a gig back in July & last week was contacted by the agent claiming that I've been paid for a day I didn't work in the final week.

Timesheet was approved & I was paid for the 5 days that I worked. According to the agent, they later decided that I'd billed for a day that I didn't work and claimed the money back from the agent. Now he wants me to cough up.

Where do I stand legally here because it seems it's going to come down to my word against theirs. Once a timeshet has been signed off, are they legally obliged to pay up regardless?
    No, If it's true, the client should pay attention what they are signing. The agency should be defending you in this case but unfortunately, they passed the hot potato to you. They are useless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2