• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to respond to criticism as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yes but was the car park a designated work place ?
    Don't know.

I know cars can be depending on the job you do.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Don't know.

The old man has been working in the car park at Wigan Wallgate while they're refurbishing the gents.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        The old man has been working in the car park at Wigan Wallgate while they're refurbishing the gents.
        TMI
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Had the same feedback myself, I just said with a cheery face that I'm here to do the job I said I'd do and that I'm not into presenteeism.

Shut the convo down pretty sharpish and got renewed several times more.

Remember you're the business, not the employee.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Don't know.

If you are using a car as an office I would recommend the Vauxhall Insignia.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't know.

Waving at commoners is best done from a car, I found.

If you are using a car as an office I would recommend an armoured Bentley.
              FTFY

Comment

If you are using a car as an office I would recommend the Vauxhall Insignia.
                If you are using a car as transportation I'd recommend something else!

Comment

had similar once, after 3 days in a role.

I just pointed out that there was no hours in my contract and I was in the office before and after the other PMs. He also critcised my dress code. It was a casual office where people wore shorts and flip-flops. I wore smart jeans and polo shirts - he was wearing grey combat trousers. He took offence and we did part ways a few weeks later.

Comment

One of the things I soon ad to grasp after starting as a contractor is I let nothing phase me. I get no benefits of being annoyed or taking offence and I have no HR to go to and complain. So no matter what's been said I'll either provide an explanation or in a non formal manner say sorry and amend whatever it is. Anything that keeps the day rate flowing and provided it cause no great deal of harm.

So, just say sorry, chances are it'll be swept under the carpet and stay at your desk more.

Comment

Originally posted by JIDEARE View Post
                      One of the things I soon ad to grasp after starting as a contractor is I let nothing phase me. I get no benefits of being annoyed or taking offence and I have no HR to go to and complain. So no matter what's been said I'll either provide an explanation or in a non formal manner say sorry and amend whatever it is. Anything that keeps the day rate flowing and provided it cause no great deal of harm.

So, just say sorry, chances are it'll be swept under the carpet and stay at your desk more.
                      Exactly this. The art of letting go.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X