• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobbing/Bullying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is usually a sign that everything is right with an organisation. I can well believe she was a but upset at you leaving because she has now got no one to blame and you can't keep failing out with people and blame them so she has used a life up.

Comment

Coming late to this but fair play OP you did the right thing. Ignore the "man up" comments - some people can crack on and ignore the permies some cant' - we're all different. No amount of money is worth making yourself ill over.

I did it years ago working for a right a*se of a client manager. (although he was the same with permie staff). Ended up not working for a few months. Made the same stupid mistake a few years where I knew the permies were toxic (bit like your situation) but stayed because it was money and it was local. Bad idea.

If I've learnt anything over the years its that some people are just assholes and that you'll never win an argument if the permies dont like you.

Glad to say my last few gigs the permies/managers have been great.....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Well done to u for taking control back. having been bullied in my permie days twice I can appreciate what you must have felt like. Anyone can be bullied and I am 6ft 4 !! Good luck finding the next role and remember that u are good at your job

Comment

Originally posted by redman View Post
          Well done to u for taking control back. having been bullied in my permie days twice I can appreciate what you must have felt like. Anyone can be bullied and I am 6ft 4 !! Good luck finding the next role and remember that u are good at your job
          That's why you were picked on. As a tall individual if you used your physical strength you would be arrested.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X