• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobbing/Bullying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the situation is stressing you out so much then forget the timesheet approval, let the payment go and get out of there.

Otherwise man up, stop bursting into tears and get on with it. It is as clear cut as that.

Comment

Quitting will just give permie girl and her manager what they want.

Think of a better way to exact your revenge. One such way would be to carry on working and invoicing. Work only your contracted hours: as a contractor that is all you're paid for, unless you agree additional fees for additional work/hours done. After a few months have passed speak about your war-chest to the permie girl, or pull into work in a flash car or with a designer handbag/shoes/suit (whatever takes your fancy). P1ss them off subtly and then when contract renewal time comes, turn it down - and when they ask why, just tell them you have earned enough to take the next 12 months off.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        If the situation is stressing you out so much then forget the timesheet approval, let the payment go and get out of there.

Otherwise man up, stop bursting into tears and get on with it. It is as clear cut as that.
        ^ this.

Some silly advice on here tbh, but if the situation is so bad, then you have to rid yourself of the stress & get out. Life's too short really to put up with this kinda 5hite.
        Clarity is everything

Comment

Call your self northern.. Northern what? London? Disgraceful....
          Last edited by northernladuk; 28 August 2017, 01:03.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a really shit:ty situation.

You are entitled to be paid for work done, regardless of opt out status.

If you didn't opt out, then it does make things easier.

The first thing to do is ascertain why the timesheet hasn't been signed, and get them to commit to what needs doing to resolve it.

Try and keep emotions out of it (not easy) and do what you need to do to get paid.

If you have enough behind you to say screw it, then do that on Tuesday. If you don't, then start looking for something else now, and quit as soon as you can. Life is too short.

Comment

Sounds rubbish. Hand notice in Tuesday, and go sick for a few days if you need to. I'm a but surprised they haven't given you notice to be honest.

I see you mentioned speaking to the director when you disagreed with something...but the mediation over the issue with the woman was done by a manager. At client co's you need to follow the hierarchy - maybe should have gone to the manager to discuss the disagreement with the solution. I have no idea if that was part of the cause of the issue but just saying....

Life is too short for that BS.

Ultimately client co can get rid of you with notice. If you explain the situation you could use the same to cancel the contract immediately, stating it's an environment you cannot work in for example. Maybe have a read through the contract. Just be aware there's a greater chance of non payment, especially if a timesheet isn't yet signed. Sometimes however you just have to say **** it and take the hit.

You could also do the week and on last day make an announcement to **** all those around you off if you want to . I know that would be a nice release at the end of a difficult notice period, but I do have my evil "don't mess with me and expect to get away with it" side . I find it hard to just keep quiet.....

Best of luck and remember it's just work, and with people you have to work with for the duration of a contract. Once you're gone, it's behind you.
              Last edited by SuperZ; 27 August 2017, 19:56.

Comment

Man up OP this is quite common happens all the time its why IT contractors earn all of their rates! You can either ignore what's happened then start again on Tuesday & just ignore the last week. But it sounds as though you are long past the point of no return so handing in your notice would be best all round if they are friends I can guarantee you they have already decided to replace you or make you quit. Best thing to do now would be go in as normal Tuesday morning ask for an urgent face to face meeting with the manager & explain you think its best all round if you leave as you feel uncomfortable see what they say. This guarantees you get paid what you have worked & a few days notice to end of the week (I do not think they will want you there though TBH) but most likely they will agree to let you go same day. Its the best resolution based on what you have posted here IME.

I will however go a little further & tell you that if you ever go above the people you work with straight to a director level employee 99.9% of the time in any industry you will cause severe issues for yourself as the simple act of doing that regardless of if its right\wrong means you effectively stated as a new hire that you have no confidence in the existing staff your being asked to work with! Ask yourself how does that sound...if your honest with yourself it sounds really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Is mobbing an English word for workplace bullying now? (I first encountered it being used that way by Germans).
                  It's when everyone in a workplace gangs up on you.

However in this case it is more likely everyone is avoiding the OP to preserve their own job. Normally they would also be avoiding the alleged victim as well, as they don't want complaints made about their individual behaviour towards her. Also as she is permie they can't ignore her there as they can ignore him.

Btw there are some people who do treat and speak to people differently due to sex, race, sexuality, age etc. They don't realise they are doing it so get upset when it's pointed out to them.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Northernercontractor View Post
                    Hi all,

I recently started a new contract, been in about 6 weeks and I am having a nightmare time. I sit alongside a permie who somehow has taking a disliking to me. It all began when I challenged something and wasn't satisfied with the response I received from permie girl next to me and few other members of the team so I spoke to the director about how to go about a certain issue.
                    How would you feel if you were a permanent employee of a company, within a settled team.

Then this new person came in, for a temporary period of time, challenged you, and when they felt dissatisfied with your response went straight to a director (not your manager or their manager, bit a director) with an "issue" relating to you?

If I was the permie in that situation, you know I might end up treating you the exact way you are being treated!

I'd look on this as a learning experience. Get out when you can and don't so the same thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                      Sounds rubbish. Hand notice in Tuesday, and go sick for a few days if you need to. .
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X