• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilemma, what would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP makes a good point onboarding could take weeks, Banks are constantly culling people, and in some banks you can end up stressed out introducing features at break neck speed and sorting out all the inevitable problems.

I would tend to go with your mates at the consultancy.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      BP makes a good point onboarding could take weeks, Banks are constantly culling people, and in some banks you can end up stressed out introducing features at break neck speed and sorting out all the inevitable problems.

I would tend to go with your mates at the consultancy.
      Some people need to experience it themselves.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Okay lots of interesting replies.

I have decided that taking a risk is the only way to taste success, so turned down the first offer, agency is not pleased at all. Will tackle the interview and see where it goes. If this gamble does not pay off, i will be humbled and might have to resort to desperate measures. I have nothing else in the bag
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Okay lots of interesting replies.

I have decided that taking a risk is the only way to taste success, so turned down the first offer, agency is not pleased at all. Will tackle the interview and see where it goes. If this gamble does not pay off, i will be humbled and might have to resort to desperate measures. I have nothing else in the bag
          Isn't there a lot of chatter about banks making cut backs? How do you know this specific role will be immune?

Comment

A bird in the hand and that...

That's the rule I live by. Anything could happen to the second job. Management could pull the budget at the last minute for example. Or maybe by saying you're taking the first one it will put the second into action, not promising though.

Comment

Hmm, 85 mile commute. If it was me then this would come into it.

Last gig was 60 miles away. I gave up driving - it was too much. Even getting the train (which was 90 mins door to door) I felt it was slowly killing me. And, of course, its got a large effect on your personal life. Its amazing the difference it makes.

E.g. Just phoned up to book an MRI scan. Cancellation 440 tomorrow - its about 20 mins drive from current gig. Job done. No way could I have done this easily with last gig - Id have pretty much have to have left the office at 2 to 2.30 pm.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                E.g. Just phoned up to book an MRI scan. Cancellation 440 tomorrow - its about 20 mins drive from current gig. Job done.
                You managed to do all that by yourself?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You managed to do all that by yourself?
                  The JSA hotline helped...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The JSA hotline helped...
                    BP mun. Don't feed the animals! lol. :-)
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

ee ough dares wins Rodney , this time next yr...

Comment

Working...
                      X