+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Fidio???? Anyone done one of these???

    hi

    just been "selected" for a video interview using Fidio? Has anyone used this?

    https://www.fidio.tv/

    loving the crap on their site "Imagine a recruiter can watch a video of your face and analyse your facial expressions. It would give an accurate reading of your personality, identifying traits like passion, sincerity, nervousness and disagreement. Now imagine you can automate this process through innovative use of camera and software technology. How would this change the face of recruitment?"

    so I get to record myself answering some questions before they decide whether they want me to attend an actual face to face interview???

  2. #2

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,810
    Thanks (Given)
    461
    Thanks (Received)
    949
    Likes (Given)
    4017
    Likes (Received)
    2633

    Default

    This happening more and more in recruitment.

    If not Fidio then Hinterview. It looks like it's time brush up on your televisual presentation skills.

    Forget about the skills they're interviewing you for - your CV would have been binned if it wasn't up to snuff. It's all about the surface shine these days.

    And I have doubts of anyone getting work out of this trend if you're not an able-bodied young(ish) white male...

    (Or a young, attractive, blond bombshell...)

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32,796
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    1284
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    5690

    Default

    Maybe Mr Hallett was on to something......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    95,043
    Thanks (Given)
    19409
    Thanks (Received)
    5059
    Likes (Given)
    19409
    Likes (Received)
    8831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    This happening more and more in recruitment.

    If not Fidio then Hinterview. It looks like it's time brush up on your televisual presentation skills.

    Forget about the skills they're interviewing you for - your CV would have been binned if it wasn't up to snuff. It's all about the surface shine these days.

    And I have doubts of anyone getting work out of this trend if you're not an able-bodied young(ish) white male...

    (Or a young, attractive, blond bombshell...)
    Sadly it has been happening in courts for a while. How you look changes your chances of innocence/guilt.

    <sigh>
    Katy Perry - don't be afraid to catch feels. Taylor Swift - feels $1 a go.

  5. #5

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,810
    Thanks (Given)
    461
    Thanks (Received)
    949
    Likes (Given)
    4017
    Likes (Received)
    2633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe Mr Hallett was on to something......
    Mr Hallett realised that it would work better in some industry sectors than others.

    Generally agents don't care if it works for candidates, only if it 'works' for the client and themselves.

    Expect to be forced into using this whether you want to or not.

  6. #6
    pr1
    pr1 is offline

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    871
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    44
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    And I have doubts of anyone getting work out of this trend if you're not an able-bodied young(ish) white male...

    (Or a young, attractive, blond bombshell...)
    which one are you?

  7. #7

    Fingers like lightning

    Andy Hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    771
    Thanks (Given)
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    86
    Likes (Given)
    63
    Likes (Received)
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Mr Hallett realised that it would work better in some industry sectors than others.

    Generally agents don't care if it works for candidates, only if it 'works' for the client and themselves.

    Expect to be forced into using this whether you want to or not.
    Ironically Mr Hallett is in a bunker building something that might just surprise you all.....

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32,796
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    1284
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    5690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Ironically Mr Hallett is in a bunker building something that might just surprise you all.....
    An app that does thst snapchat thing and make you look like a youngish white male or blind bombshell when using your Web cam? No fecking ears, cat's noses and glitter though for christs sake.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 4th September 2017 at 22:55.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    キツネの帽子をかぶる

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,871
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    1038
    Likes (Given)
    873
    Likes (Received)
    3105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    An app that does thst snapchat thing and make you look like a youngish white male or blind bombshell when using your Web cam? No fecking ears, cat's noses and glitter though for christs sake.
    A robot gladiator that can bleed radiators, rendering half this forum redundant
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  10. #10

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    6,100
    Thanks (Given)
    803
    Thanks (Received)
    390
    Likes (Given)
    312
    Likes (Received)
    1740

    Default

    From a contractor point of view, usage of this tool is a great way of filtering out crap clients.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.