• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warchest Advice with loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hydraulicwave View Post
    I went contracting with debts and no warchest. Best move I ever made
    that settles it then.

OP go for it!

Comment

This has turned in to one of PC's rambling live blogs.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I recently made the move into contracting under similar circumstances, though admittedly I do have a modest second income through an already active limited company which I was operating on the side. Feel incredibly confident that I made the right move, and feel that I might have waited too long to make the jump, to be honest.

For the doom merchants out there, curious to see if there are any examples of people that tried to go contracting and fell on their backsides? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, though I haven't read/heard about anyone that failed miserably...

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch It View Post
          For the doom merchants out there, curious to see if there are any examples of people that tried to go contracting and fell on their backsides? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, though I haven't read/heard about anyone that failed miserably...
          We've had plenty on here and they are the ones that bothered to find a forum of their peers and get involved.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch It View Post

We have had them on here and tried to help them.

I have seen them on other forums and people have tried to help them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X