• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent saw all my subsequent contract applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent saw all my subsequent contract applications

She rang me up to ask if I was leaving. I don't remember which site she saw them on (my CV is on a few).

Does anyone know how this is possible and how I prevent it?

To clarify, she didn't just see my CV available to view; she saw all the applications I've been making since I started the gig she placed me me in.
    Last edited by heyya99; 31 July 2017, 19:08.

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    She rang me up to ask if I was leaving. I don't remember which site she saw them on (my CV is on a few).

To clarify, she didn't just see my CV available to view; she saw all the applications I've been making since I started the gig she placed me me in.

You're looking for work and you want to stop people contacting you about looking for work...?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      You're looking for work and you want to stop people contacting you about looking for work...?
      Can you please provide evidence to back up the aforementioned claim?

To clarify for this gentleman's benefit, the agent that called was the agent that put me in my current gig.

Comment

Massive gap there.

How can we possibly help "prevent" something if we don't know where we are preventing it.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Massive gap there.

How can we possibly help "prevent" something if we don't know where we are preventing it.

I'm on all the big hitters; Jobsite, Jobserve, CW.. She could have seen my CV on any of them. Surely there must be a privacy policy.

One possible one could have been Linked In as a few days ago I received this email:

Heyya99, we’ve stopped sharing your career interests.

The 90 day period is now over. You can resume sharing your career interests with recruiters at any time.
          Last edited by heyya99; 31 July 2017, 18:49.

Comment

I'm on all the big hitters; Jobsite, Jobserve, CW.. She could have seen my CV on any of them. Surely there must be a privacy policy.

One possible one could have been Linked In as a few days ago I received this email:

Heyya99, we’ve stopped sharing your career interests.

The 90 day period is now over. You can resume sharing your career interests with recruiters at any time.
            big hitters......could haves, possibles, maybes, sure-lies...

I'm not any warmer yet
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Most of these sites allow recruiters to receive candidate info when you set yourself to be searchable.

You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Really, who cares? You shouldn't...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe its just me.

Could prove a good point of possible negotiation in the future?

Or am I missing something
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Really, who cares? You shouldn't...
                    The downside is I lose the trust (lol) of my agent and it causes an awkward conversation when I say I'm happy at clientco yet am, to their mind, actively trying to leave.

Comment

Working...
                    X