• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent saw all my subsequent contract applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I'm on all the big hitters; Jobsite, Jobserve, CW.. She could have seen my CV on any of them. Surely there must be a privacy policy.

One possible one could have been Linked In as a few days ago I received this email:

Heyya99, we’ve stopped sharing your career interests.

The 90 day period is now over. You can resume sharing your career interests with recruiters at any time.
    Linked In, the wonders of social media. Yup very annoying.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post

To clarify, she didn't just see my CV available to view; she saw all the applications I've been making since I started the gig she placed me me in.
      When you say 'all the applications' did she list all of them?
      Are the ones she listed, that you applied for, with the same company?
      Are you actually SURE she saw them? Or did she just say she saw them?
      If she has seen ones you applied for, via a different agency then you need to take it up with the website you applied through. Threaten them with the information commissioner.

But I doubt what you think has happened has actually happened and you need evidence so do some digging.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        she saw all the applications I've been making since I started the gig she placed me me in

Only way someone can do this is by logging into your account. If there is another way for someone else can access this info, that is a big breach of privacy...
        That claim sounds like an embellishment tbh unless the agent has developed mad hacking skillz. Given most struggle to turn a computer on, that's a reach.

In reality, what probably happened was agent did an unrelated search for another role/CV trawl, CV popped up in that. Agent then wonders why, so tricks contractor into an admission they are looking to cut and run by claiming to have seen applications made. Contractor gives up enough information to confirm that...

Agent sees their relationship with end client could well be damaged should contractor leave, sees money in their pocket disappearing. Agent will no doubt be advertising the role shortly, to have a ready made replacement should contractor cut and run - after all, any replacement could be stalled ( "project just having an issue with funding/defining spec/etc" ). When replacement is ready, agent could even have that discussion with end client - contractor wants to leave, we've sourced this replacement...

So the op seems to want to leave, agent making plans. Which seems to be perfectly natural...

Not really sure what the problem is? If you have your CV publicly available, want to leave a contract you can't expect everything to be one sided on your terms. Awkward conversation? You seem to want to leave, you should expect an awkward conversation when it's found out. The whole trust issue is again silly... yes contractors are mercenary but you can't complain about trust when you'd be prepared to lie to the client and say you're happy to stay whilst looking to leave.

Comment

Could I ask, how long have you been in the current contract, how long is left on the contract, and why were you applying for all these other roles while in the contract?

Comment

LinkedIn most likely just disable all sharing of data for now make it private as its possible to see the history otherwise.

Also I had this myself last week PSL agencies can see directly onto the client portal to see which CV's have been submitted to HR to avoid submitting yours if someone else already sent it in first could be as simple as that!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
              LinkedIn most likely just disable all sharing of data for now make it private as its possible to see the history otherwise.

Also I had this myself last week PSL agencies can see directly onto the client portal to see which CV's have been submitted to HR to avoid submitting yours if someone else already sent it in first could be as simple as that!
              WTF is that? Is your cat typing for you?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Don't be rude cats are planners - its his dog.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No its YOURS!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Don't be rude cats are planners - its his dog.
                    Cat planning :-

Eat
                    Sleep
                    Clean self
                    Use litter tray
                    Schmooze those big creatures who think they own said cat into giving more food.

Dog plannings :-

Eat
                    Sleep
                    Clean... oh look pretty colours.... sound too... what was I doing again?
                    Wait for owner to throw object
                    Return to owner with object
                    Repeat last two steps

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      When you say 'all the applications' did she list all of them?
                      Are the ones she listed, that you applied for, with the same company?
                      Are you actually SURE she saw them? Or did she just say she saw them?
                      If she has seen ones you applied for, via a different agency then you need to take it up with the website you applied through. Threaten them with the information commissioner.

But I doubt what you think has happened has actually happened and you need evidence so do some digging.
                      +1

I can't see how an agent can get access to everything that you've applied for without hacking the account.

Either they bluffed and you fell for it, or they have access to your accounts. Or there are some scary data sharing privileges that you've given away, so might be worth checking that too!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X