• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent saw all my subsequent contract applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's one of the features in CW Jobs, shows the candidates recent applications so you can tell if someone has applied for hundreds of jobs and can beat them down on the rate

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
      It's one of the features in CW Jobs, shows the candidates recent applications so you can tell if someone has applied for hundreds of jobs and can beat them down on the rate
      It's dodgy as hell too. Bring on GDPR.

Here's my daily spam from the same people too...

Do you ever feel like you’re working 6 months of the year for HMRC? You’re not alone! High earning contractors often pay as much as 50% of their income away in taxation whether it is PAYE, Self Assessed tax or Corporation and Dividend tax for those working through their own Limited Company. If this sounds like you, Income Management can help you retain up to 90% of your income, after tax!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        +1

I can't see how an agent can get access to everything that you've applied for without hacking the account.

Either they bluffed and you fell for it, or they have access to your accounts. Or there are some scary data sharing privileges that you've given away, so might be worth checking that too!

I don't believe it's a bluff.. Think about what you're saying; 'mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis, I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning'.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
          I don't believe it's a bluff.. Think about what you're saying; 'mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis, I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning'.
          More like, "mm, this contractor who I placed and I never hear a peep from, who invoices regularly and I get a great cut from his wages that pays for my 2 weeks in Bognor Regis seems to have his CV marked as available as it came up in a search I just did. If he's thinking of cutting and running, I lose that loot - I think I'll call him up and trick him into admitting he's applied for a few roles whilst still being in the role I got him into. After that, I'll have that bacon sandwich I've been craving all morning and re-advertise the role to get candidates lined up to replace him when I reveal to client he wants out".

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
            It's dodgy as hell too. Bring on GDPR.

Here's my daily spam from the same people too...
            Read that again properly.

Do you ever feel like you’re working 6 months of the year for HMRC? You’re not alone! High earning contractors often pay as much as 50% of their income away in taxation whether it is PAYE, Self Assessed tax or Corporation and Dividend tax for those working through their own Limited Company. If this sounds like you, Income Management can help you retain up to 90% of your income, after tax!

They're saying you lose money on account of all the taxes you have to pay, but they will help you retain up to 90% of what's left after taxes

That implies they'll charge you 10% of your net earnings. What could possibly be dodgy about that...?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
              Think about what you're saying - the agent has access to your applications that you make in confidence.

Either they don't have access to your data, or you gave them access to your data. So if what you suggest is true, did you give them access or not?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Think about what you're saying - the agent has access to your applications that you make in confidence.

Either they don't have access to your data, or you gave them access to your data. So if what you suggest is true, did you give them access or not?
                I've already said above, CW Jobs gives recruiters the ability to view the number of roles that a candidate has applied for and show the job title and salary/rate of the applied jobs. It's not about having access to your data, we've got access to CW Jobs data. I can find any CV on CWJobs and can see their job application history.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                  I've already said above, CW Jobs gives recruiters the ability to view the number of roles that a candidate has applied for and show the job title and salary/rate of the applied jobs. It's not about having access to your data, we've got access to CW Jobs data. I can find any CV on CWJobs and can see their job application history.
                  It's in the T&Cs that you can do it:

"When your profile is searchable your application activity (number of applications, job titles, locations & salaries) will be visible to CWJobs.co.uk customers. CWJobs.co.uk does not verify the names of organisations you applied to."

So the OP gave their data away and is now complaining that an agent is using that information when they look for them.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X