• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract termination - what to put on CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Thanks for the advice all
    , it's almost like you saw the agency email NLUK!
    Almost like I helped them draft it you mean?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      Oh if you include the contract in your CV (I recommend that) then you need to come up with a very good excuse why it lasted only 2 months e.g. too much travel, project downsized or cancelled etc
      "I delivered everything that was required, ahead of schedule and within budget. So once that was complete, I left the project"

Why construct an excuse when the truth will be fine?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Very little chance whoever you give the reference to is going to contact your agency anyway. They really want juicy client hiring managers names.
        This is not correct NL .... within the banking sector they would definitely contact the agency and verify employment dates and role title. In the recent couple of years the verification of qualifications and recent history has become very tight (I suppose due to all the new regulatory/ anti fraud rules)
        In my last two contracts they also contacted they went through every previous employment with the through details, plus contacted my university to confirm my qualifications (completed 1999 ) , also verified my prince 2 certification !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
          This is not correct NL .... within the banking sector they would definitely contact the agency and verify employment dates and role title. In the recent couple of years the verification of qualifications and recent history has become very tight (I suppose due to all the new regulatory/ anti fraud rules)
          In my last two contracts they also contacted they went through every previous employment with the through details, plus contacted my university to confirm my qualifications (completed 1999 ) , also verified my prince 2 certification !!!
          Good point. It was a generalisation but worth pointing that out.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            "I delivered everything that was required, ahead of schedule and within budget. So once that was complete, I left the project"
            i
            Why construct an excuse when the truth will be fine?
            "The job spec turned out to be bigger fiction than Harry frigging Potter, there was no money, the permies there were utterly clueless and bitter due to contractors being involved. The project was utterly doomed due to outside factors anyone could clearly see were utterly unresolvable. MyCo Ltd continued providing services in a professional manner until such time it became blatantly obvious to anybody the client expectation were as rooted in reality as anything Jeremy Corbyn says".

Be honest...

Dodgy clients will be turned off by that ( good for your sanity ), great clients will see you have high standards...

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
              "The job spec turned out to be bigger fiction than Harry frigging Potter, there was no money, the permies there were utterly clueless and bitter due to contractors being involved. The project was utterly doomed due to outside factors anyone could clearly see were utterly unresolvable. MyCo Ltd continued providing services in a professional manner until such time it became blatantly obvious to anybody the client expectation were as rooted in reality as anything Jeremy Corbyn says".

Be honest...

Dodgy clients will be turned off by that ( good for your sanity ), great clients will see you have high standards...
              This ^ I didn't get a job at a bank a few years ago because when they asked why I was leaving the current role I replied they need my experience and knowledge more than I need their moronic permie politics

Comment

Personally I would say there was budget issues and it was last in first out.

Never be rude about them - it will end badly.

The agency should only confirm dates.

I was miffed when leaving my permanent job in May this year as they put my reason for leaving as resignation. They should not have done that. However, best not to make a fuss.

Comment

The clue is in the name: CONTRACTor

Everyone has a start date and an end date. If some are that short, omit from CV and expand others.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

June, July and August? Looks like a normal 3 months without specific dates. I'd have it on there all day long, with gdpr in bold.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      June, July and August? Looks like a normal 3 months without specific dates. I'd have it on there all day long, with gdpr in bold gold lettering.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X