• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Indian Consultancies/IT Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blossom View Post
    Thanks - I mean I always ask the client a lot of questions about what the role is, what needs to be done etc, but i don't think in the space of an interview I've ever been able to come away with something along the lines of a documentable statement of work. But challenge accepted for the next one

What about if the contract is a short term one, but for a long term project? e.g. initial 3 or 6 month contract but you know full well the project is much longer because its proposed delivery date is 14 months away? Say I was on 3 months (and it was in definition stage or something), how would you put in the key deliverable unless you can actually see their proposed plan at that point? Also, they cant send you anything until you have your bum on the seat and they have given you an email address, so not like you can receive a high level plan and roughly work out what you would deliver in your first 3 months.

I cant believe I have never done anything like this - I really have spent the last 15 years just singing the contracts (last few years have had QDOS and IPSE check) and never put anything in there about tasks or deliverables. Only every a job title (which is typically specific to a programme name, rather than a generic BAU role).
    The client won't be able to tell you more than they have told you in the interview.

However they should tell you what they expect you to deliver in your contract period.

You also know what people with your job title are expected to do and so you need to see at interview if they have the same understanding as you.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      from Bob Shawadiwadi. King of plenty cheapness and much quickness. Was rather amusing if you were there but it's not become a term of any offshore worker of questionable quality so a little racist and frowned upon nowadays. Actually that's a coincidence we've mentioned it today what with the Joey D discussion going on in General.

Bob Shawadiwadi
      So it's not bob as in bobble head ?

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        So it's not bob as in bobble head ?
        That would be clearly racist and no-one wants to get banned.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brummie's thread derailment has been moved to General.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Brummie's thread derailment has been moved to General.
            Right... But the bit about Bobs stays?

I thought bobble heads were those little desktop things. Is it a racist term as well?
            Last edited by northernladuk; 28 July 2017, 07:50.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have made myself clear on this before. Bob is not a term that we approve of these days and any time I come across it I will change it to the correct reference.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X