• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Withholding Company Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    The thing is, the agent's got to tell you who the client is at some point during the process, so why not dispense with the subterfuge and bullsh*t and just tell you up front.
    I've had a couple of agents tell me that the client had asked them not to tell anyone until interviews are confirmed. Could be bulltulip, but the reasoning was that they've had clients mention it to other agencies and then they get calls etc.

Comment

I don't let my cv go to companies without knowing the bame. I'm not going to divulge the name to someone else to reduce my own chances am I?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        I keep getting calls from OPUS Recruitment, ostensibly for roles to which I'm ideally suited but they never divulge the company name when I ask who the client is. Even though they tell me they are going to submit my CV.

Is there are good reason for withholding the company name if I'm being submitted? I need to know where mt CV is going to avoid duplication.
        Aye.

A certain Freddie Short and his gang down South here. Over several years, I found that they very rarely advertise a contract rate or rate band on their job specifications. I once to went to a F2F interview to a client in London, and it was completely bonkers the way the project manager / recruiter interview me.

So this time around on the bench, I decided to not respond to any ads from this particular agency. I am voting with two feet.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They tend to tell you when it gets that far, maybe sometimes not until they are interested but what's the problem not knowing the client apart from PiP's secario? . Annoying AF and bemusing why it's done like that but why stop them submitting just because you don't know the client in general?
          I had this last week. X4Group (never heard of them until they called me). Some green recruiter - a few months in recruitment, 6 months previously in lettings and prior to that Uni, and he was talking like he was the bees knees. Wouldn't tell me the client, and didn't have a job spec he could share, but he was sure the client would interview me so wanted to send my CV.

Erm, no thanks dude. Tell me the client and I'll decide if I want to be put forward. He tried for a couple of days to let me send the CV.

My reading of it was he had spotted a role via another agent and wanted to put me CV in front of the client to try and poach the role. I don't for one second believe he actually had a role, and in any case he had absolutely no idea what I do or what such a role is technically (I questioned him) so there is no way a true client would have him search fro decent resources.

I already have something lined up for August so didn't need to play his games.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
          X