• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Withholding Company Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Withholding Company Name

I keep getting calls from OPUS Recruitment, ostensibly for roles to which I'm ideally suited but they never divulge the company name when I ask who the client is. Even though they tell me they are going to submit my CV.

Is there are good reason for withholding the company name if I'm being submitted? I need to know where mt CV is going to avoid duplication.

It will probably be as the job does not exist as I get this from Roc quite often ring me with an ideal job, 6 months, above average rate, right where I live and I am ideal for and they will be put my CV forward for it but won’t tell me who the client is but they will let me know when they get feedback and of course need my refs (make them up). Then you hear nothing other than another phone call a week (if not a few days later) later telling me about the same job, I had this for 5 weeks last summer, apparently I was put forward 5 times and still never heard, fancy that!

I don't even bother answering the phone to Roc now they always ring under 'unknown number'. Had them ring once under their Reading number recognized it as them only for them to ring off after 1 ring then immediately ring again under 'Unknown' then left a message.

Comment

I've just had this crap from some idiot at Mackenzie Jones in Birmingham too

Comment

I've spoken to an agent about a role before and bizarrely they accused me of being another agent. Not only do they attempt to cheat us it looks like they try it on each other as well. It's like the two references check. If they ring the contact for a gig and finds out it's xxx client they them just ring xxxx client and undercut the original agent. As annoying as it is it does make some sense.

You can often guess the client from location. I think we can all get a financial services client in Cheshire etc... The agents are quite happy to tell you once the CV is in anyway so it's not exactly a massive issue is it?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I've spoken to an agent about a role before and bizarrely they accused me of being another agent. Not only do they attempt to cheat us it looks like they try it on each other as well. It's like the two references check. If they ring the contact for a gig and finds out it's xxx client they them just ring xxxx client and undercut the original agent. As annoying as it is it does make some sense.

You can often guess the client from location. I think we can all get a financial services client in Cheshire etc... The agents are quite happy to tell you once the CV is in anyway so it's not exactly a massive issue is it?
          Well, yes it is as a matter of fact.

This is allegedly a digital agency in Bristol, of which there are quite a few. So, in the meantime if somebody else calls me about a role with a digital agency in Bristol I can potentially have a duplicate submission scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            I keep getting calls from OPUS Recruitment, ostensibly for roles to which I'm ideally suited but they never divulge the company name when I ask who the client is. Even though they tell me they are going to submit my CV.

Is there are good reason for withholding the company name if I'm being submitted? I need to know where mt CV is going to avoid duplication.
            Surely they cannot submit your CV without your permission and why would you give permission if you don't know who the client is? Possibly trying to block your CV in favour of a candidate with higher margins.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
              Surely they cannot submit your CV without your permission and why would you give permission if you don't know who the client is? Possibly trying to block your CV in favour of a candidate with higher margins.
              They tend to tell you when it gets that far, maybe sometimes not until they are interested but what's the problem not knowing the client apart from PiP's secario? . Annoying AF and bemusing why it's done like that but why stop them submitting just because you don't know the client in general?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                The agents are quite happy to tell you once the CV is in anyway so it's not exactly a massive issue is it?
                If you think that's ok, then furnish me with a copy of your CV. I won't tell you what I'm going to do with it, but if and when I get you a contract as a result of it, I'll let you know.

Of course, you're completely fine with this, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  If you think that's ok, then furnish me with a copy of your CV. I won't tell you what I'm going to do with it, but if and when I get you a contract as a result of it, I'll let you know.

Of course, you're completely fine with this, yes?
                  Not quite the same as I do know (in theory) what the agent is going to do with it.

Also what's the other option? Say no, it doesn't go anywhere and you are guaranteed not to get a gig? My CV is downloadable from Jobserve and many agents have got it so I'm not that precious about it.

Comment

Agree your CV can be submitted provided it has not been submitted by another agency first.

Comment

Working...
                    X