Short Contract in Berlin for through my UK LTD.
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lightbulb Short Contract in Berlin for through my UK LTD.

Hello,

I have a 3months contract offer in Berlin, I would need to be in Berlin 3weeks per month and 1week in London. The contract is with an GmbH. I've read various forums of people saying you need an AUG license to contract in Germany therefore using a UK Ltd isn't possible. My current British accountant told me that it was fine to contract with my UK Ltd under 6months, that I might have to pay some taxes in Germany but they can be offsetted in the UK.

Do you reckon it's legally fine to sign a contract of 3months without the AUG license ?

Thanks

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Germany always follow the rules. Don't use your Ltd or if you do register it in Germany even for a 3 month contract. The tax rates for a three month contract in Germany will be low, as you will take advantage of the tax free allowance, however you will probably pay additional tax in the UK. I don't think you need an AUG licence as I think you can register as a freelancer for three months, see a German accountant.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 7th July 2017 at 12:19.
    Author of the best seller "How to get Poor quickly"

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I think you can register as a freelancer for three months, see a German accountant.
    I was speaking to a tax advisor about a gig in Frankfurt earlier this year, and he suggested the criteria for getting freiberufler (freelance) status had become more stringent since beginning of 2017. Otherwise agree with poster. See a German Accountant.

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by w3nders View Post
    Hello,

I have a 3months contract offer in Berlin, I would need to be in Berlin 3weeks per month and 1week in London. The contract is with an GmbH. I've read various forums of people saying you need an AUG license to contract in Germany therefore using a UK Ltd isn't possible. My current British accountant told me that it was fine to contract with my UK Ltd under 6months, that I might have to pay some taxes in Germany but they can be offsetted in the UK.

Do you reckon it's legally fine to sign a contract of 3months without the AUG license ?

Thanks
    AG licenses are for temp agencies (e.g. inside IR35 in the UK), not for you.

You must however register your Ltd as a dependent branch of a foreign (e.g. non-German) company.

https://www.gtai.de/GTAI/Navigation/...,did=6342.html

Do not think they won't find out if you don't. They will.

+ Reply to Thread