• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NDA - Limited company or Personal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDA - Limited company or Personal

Hi,
    I am a director of a limited company which I use for contracting purposes as a consultant.
    I want to try a new venture with a software solutions provider firm, i.e. to market their product on a commission basis on leads generated / followed up by me.
    They claim to have an enterprise solution which has dashboards with apis linking from different sources.
    I am also a full time employee and my job role and responsibilities will require to generate and execute similar ideas.
    The new venture wants me to sign an unlimited term NDA which is very generic and the solution is basically ideas and capabilities mapped on a powerpoint and customer-as-you-need concept.

My question is - If I sign the NDA as a director of my Limited company, would it enforce any restrictions on my roles I do in my personal capacity, i.e. as my contract / permanent job role with any other organisation.
    Cheers.

Do the new venture as a separate limited company.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Do the new venture as a separate limited company.
      Cheers mate. But the question still looms ... would it impact anything I do in my personal capacity, i.e. with my job role on a personal / contractor basis with any other organisation/ client?

Comment

You would think it's pretty all ecompassing to stop you getting round it by starting up a company etc but the devil will be in the details so I'd say get a professional to check the actual NDA. I don't think there is a single generic answer to a question like this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X