• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from Test Management to Project Management!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    ^^This

You start spamming agents then when even if the role is a good fit they will never see your emails as the system with auto-reject / ignore you
    FTFY
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
      I am contracting more than 10 years.
      Of that 5+ years I worked for same agency/managed service company with different clients though not continuously.
      That means you should have a few agents and agencies who know you exist. Go through your emails and get in touch with them to tell them you are available.

Then get of your behind and do some face to face networking.

In the meantime get on with that DIY project/ exercise regime/thing you wanted to learn/whatever you couldn't do while in your contract.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am contracting more than 10 years.
        Of that 5+ years I worked for same agency/managed service company with different clients though not continuously.
        You mean like their permies do? I hope you've got your IPSE+ membership.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You mean like their permies do? I hope you've got your IPSE+ membership.
          Just like any other contract except those guys are sole suppliers for many Telcos no advertising in Job boards. So after my interview and contract with them (6/7 years ago) never had to go though interviews again with them or end clients for the next 5 contracts I did with them.

Comment

Just like any other contract except those guys are sole suppliers for many Telcos no advertising in Job boards. So after my interview and contract with them (6/7 years ago) never had to go though interviews again with them or end clients for the next 5 contracts I did with them.
            It's not like any other contract really. You've been taken on to do a gig. That should have been detailed in your schedule to deliver x services for Y client of consultancy and then you are done. At the very least you should have had a new schedule of work detailing each piece of work.

I suspect you've had a contract to be a tester for the consultancy. They've then moved you on to whatever clients they deem fit which is clear D&C.... and for 5 - 6 years? That's a proper nightmare IR35 situation if I've seen one. Sounds much more like employment than a short term gig and there is part and parcel on top of all that.

Not the best situation by a long stretch.

I could be completely wrong and you've got it detailed to the n'th degree but looking at this thread I doubt it.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 3 July 2017, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              It's not like any other contract really. You've been taken on to do a gig. That should have been detailed in your schedule to deliver x services for Y client of consultancy and then you are done. At the very least you should have had a new schedule of work detailing each piece of work.

I suspect you've had a contract to be a tester for the consultancy. They've then moved you on to whatever clients they deem fit which is clear D&C.... and for 5 - 6 years? That's a proper nightmare IR35 situation if I've seen one. Sounds much more like employment than a short term gig and there is part and parcel on top of all that.

Not the best situation by a long stretch.

I could be completely wrong and you've got it detailed to the n'th degree but looking at this thread I doubt it.
              Ohh.. just to be clear I didn't bonded to them for 5 continuous years. When ever i finished a role moved on and took roles with other agencies, gone back and forth. I didn't work more than 1.5 years continuously with them. In my CV all roles are shown separately with client name.

Comment

How many of the agencies/consultancies that you have worked through previously have you spoken to (picked up the phone and actually talked to, not emailed) in the last 2 months?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ohh.. just to be clear I didn't bonded to them for 5 continuous years. When ever i finished a role moved on and took roles with other agencies, gone back and forth. I didn't work more than 1.5 years continuously with them. In my CV all roles are shown separately with client name.
                  Ah okies.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    How many of the agencies/consultancies that you have worked through previously have you spoken to (picked up the phone and actually talked to, not emailed) in the last 2 months?
                    Today I contacted couple of them, called last agency as well. thanks.

Comment

Today I contacted couple of them, called last agency as well. thanks.
                      Has it taken a 7 page thread for you to do this ??

Comment

Working...
                      X