• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GDPR - has anyone done the training?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDPR - has anyone done the training?

Just wondering if anyone here has done a GDPR course? If so what are your thoughts? Seems to be an in demand skill at the moment.

In demand skill for what? Even the ICO doesn't have firm details of what the legislation means in practise.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just read what's out there, that's what I did and now I'm in demand

Comment

I did a day foundation course, since adding it to linkedin I've had a few approaches. There is demand as companies are trying to gear up for it, while it's true that the ICO may not know what it means in practice and until some of it starts getting tested in court then we won't either but companies still have to comply by May 2018 so they can't really wait and see.

There are an awful lot of charlatans around pretending to be experts but giving poor advice, just like every other aspect of IT security in my experience. Possibly could have left "security" off that statement.

Comment

Free resources out there (I'm sure I've posted this before)

Blog post from Troy Hunt (IT security expert)
          https://www.troyhunt.com/free-course...r-attack-plan/

Link to his free course if you CBA to read that
          https://info.varonis.com/gdpr-attack-plan

I've done the foundation course, it's generated more interest in my CV but no firm lead yet.

Comment

Working...
          X