• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Im working on a fairly large job there at the moment but I only need to be around a day or so a week. So it just depends on meetings
    We've used this before.....

https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/canary-wharf/
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Use that quite a bit elsewhere in London but I had not thought about it at the wharf... Thats a good few hundred quid of beer money sunk

Comment

Use that quite a bit elsewhere in London but I had not thought about it at the wharf... Thats a good few hundred quid of beer money sunk
        Hopefully will prevent a similar tragedy happening in the future
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

YES...

Costs me roughly £40 a day to park there at the moment.
          Why £40??? If am there on a contract I get monthly tickets, but if occasionally the maximum for a day is about £23 or £25 .. I part at canada sq under waitrose - all other parking is similar value

Comment

YES...

Costs me roughly £40 a day to park there at the moment.
            I'm not overly sure you choosing to pay that because it is easier will factor in HMRC ruling against you. 24 month rule is London is a very grey area on so many levels. Distance, cost, mode if transport, choice etc. No one will be right.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'm not overly sure you choosing to pay that because it is easier will factor in HMRC ruling against you. 24 month rule is London is a very grey area on so many levels. Distance, cost, mode if transport, choice etc. No one will be right.
              Didn't say it would...

I pointed out that if I end up driving there because I am carrying kit or other stuff that shouldn't be on a train it costs me £40 which is a big difference to an oyster card.

Im also 200 miles away in distance so I'm not doing the usual local jaunt.

I dont park in the canada square car park I use one across the Wharf as it is bigger and not full of essex birds doing their shopping

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Im working on a fairly large job there at the moment but I only need to be around a day or so a week. So it just depends on meetings
                Sounds fine on this basis to me
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                X