• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Review

After nearly 5yrs as a perm, I'm coming back to freelance. Anybody ever used a CV review company, and what was the success / outcome?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Have a look at the FAQ section. There is a link telling you how to use Google to search the site. If you put in CV review site:forums.contractoruk.com or similar you'll find quite a few threads that discuss this in great detail.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm currently making the transition into contracting - I've got a couple of interviews lined up over the next couple of days, and my CV is a very similar standard to what I used to secure permanent work. Admittedly I'm working in a growth area. I was prepared to use a CV review/writing service to help, though hasn't proven necessary to at least secure interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch It View Post
        I'm currently making the transition into contracting - I've got a couple of interviews lined up over the next couple of days, and my CV is a very similar standard to what I used to secure permanent work. Admittedly I'm working in a growth area. I was prepared to use a CV review/writing service to help, though hasn't proven necessary to at least secure interviews.
        If you are lucky you may get an agent who gives you some pointers.

Some people on here use to use a friendly agent who posted on here, but he's buggered off then got banned.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you are lucky you may get an agent who gives you some pointers.

Some people on here use to use a friendly agent who posted on here, but he's buggered off then got banned.
            I've had that indirectly. An agent asked me to make some tweaks to better reflect experience with certain technologies for example, prior to submission to their client.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              After nearly 5yrs as a perm, I'm coming back to freelance. Anybody ever used a CV review company, and what was the success / outcome?
              These guys featured on CUK run webinars and offer a review

Contractor CV review - why get your CV reviewed? :: Contractor UK

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                People I know who have used Matt Craven have been very pleased with the outcome and have had a lot of success with the output.

There's a CUK webinar on June 30th at 1pm that might be worth attending if you can.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...work-dont.html
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Have a look at the FAQ section. There is a link telling you how to use Google to search the site. If you put in CV review site:forums.contractoruk.com or similar you'll find quite a few threads that discuss this in great detail.
                    I actually used the search function on the site, but cheers for the guidance... I'll go off the site to search next time.
                    Last edited by scooby; 15 June 2017, 14:52.
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X