• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diversifying Ltd Company Operations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diversifying Ltd Company Operations

Hi all,

I'm currently a director of a limited company for contracting purposes as I find this route better and easier when it comes to general working practice.

My query is about adding other operations to my limited company away from my usual contracting role - this would remain my main 9-5 job. Its completely different so no conflict of interests. Essentially, in my spare time I work with cars, I was wondering how the HMRC would view it if I started purchasing unfinished projects to build and sell on or offering rebuild/manufacturing services for engines/vehicles etc? Would I need paperwork in place before taking on a "job"? Quotation, payment, contract etc etc? Or can I simply purchase whatever providing I correctly declare it come accounting? (Side note - I'm soon to be taking over my own accountancy responsibilities as the current company do everything and charge a fortune and use an accountant for end of year etc) What would I need in place to do this, if anything?

Thank you in advance for your inputs

As you still have an accountant ask their advice.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X