• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Santander - anyone contracted there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santander - anyone contracted there?

I've got an interview with Santander next week for a contract in Milton Keynes. It's a business facing but non-technical role on the Regulatory & Compliance side.

Anyone worked there before and can share good/bad experiences?

I did a search but all the threads about Santander seem to be about business bank accounts...

Not yet, but hopefully in a few minutes when I send them my CV!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
      I've got an interview with Santander next week for a contract in Milton Keynes. It's a business facing but non-technical role on the Regulatory & Compliance side.

Anyone worked there before and can share good/bad experiences?

I did a search but all the threads about Santander seem to be about business bank accounts...
      Produban?

Comment

I had an offer from their IT side, Produban, but decided to stick where I was. In my circle they tend to be known for chewing their way through people.

The last 15 minutes of my interview were spent basically with the two interviewers saying how bad/stressful/unproductive it was. Surprisingly they then fed back an offer saying that I was as the best candidate they'd interviewed.

If it's at the Shenley Wood site then at least the canteen looked good. Parking was a bit tulip though.

Comment

Never worked there but know they go through a lot of good people in IT @ triton square trade floor site in London. Also pay is relatively low compared to market rates & they really want to squeeze every last little drop out of the contractor as well!! Good luck perhaps the culture is slightly different in MK!

Comment

I quite like Milton Keynes as a place. A feeling of being in the country.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The shenly wood place is a doss house. Decent restaurant as someone said but there again, there's nothing around to grab a bite to eat so you're stuck.

There's loads of bobs about so rates are driven down. When I was there for the migration to Partenon, there was lots of infighting over who and which team would do what.

Would I work there again? Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                There's loads of bobs about so rates are driven down. When I was there for the migration to Partenon, there was lots of infighting over who and which team would do what.

Would I work there again? Not a chance.
                Thank God, I was rejected!

Comment

It's a bumpy ferry ride

Comment

No but they screwed me over a change to my Car insurance policy recently...

HTH.
                    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
                    X