• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract daily rate pay cut or 4 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    You really are a snide ****.
    LOL.

I was purely stating a few things about rate cuts is all.

I do apologise if you think that is "snide"
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      LOL.

I was purely stating a few things about rate cuts is all.

I do apologise if you think that is "snide"
      No, in a thread about rate cuts, you were blabbing on about how you always get more than everyone else. That's the snide bit with your posted.

Comment

No, in a thread about rate cuts, you were blabbing on about how you always get more than everyone else. That's the snide bit with your posted.
        Ahem.

Lets revisit. I have been dealing with idiots all day that do not read or assimilate information, so no problem with one more.

I shared a few things I know about rate cuts, common in Investment Banking, where in the below am I referring to myself?
        The reason I'm not is because they are not necessarily first hand epxepriences, but shared from people I know.

I really hope you aren't any kind of analyst

Funny things rate cuts.

It should be noted they do not necessarily affect everyone in a particular org, regardless of what is communicated, because:-

Some contractors simply refuse and they are needed so the rate doesn't get cut.
        Some contractors don't even get asked.
        Some agencies / consultancies have some kind of contractual arrangement, with the client, which means the rate cannot be reduced.

In fact I know someone that refused a cut and then asked for and got extra at renewal
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

English comprehension is not your strong point.

Good idea to read the actual words more than once before making the presumption the poster is talking about themselves.

Some of us network or have family and friends who are contractors.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              English comprehension is not your strong point.

Good idea to read the actual words more than once before making the presumption the poster is talking about themselves.

Some of us network or have family and friends who are contractors.
              Oh get over yourself SE. You come across as one of the most pious posters here too.

My 'English comprehension' is very good thanks and it was perfectly clear what the snide comments were pertaining to ie other people get rate cuts, not me. In fact I got a rise.

Comment

Oh get over yourself SE. You come across as one of the most pious posters here too.

My 'English comprehension' is very good thanks and it was perfectly clear what the snide comments were pertaining to ie other people get rate cuts, not me. In fact I got a rise.
                Obviously not.

I suggest you read it again, "I know someone".

The person who attained the rise wasn't me, but someone who I currently work at Client Co with.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Obviously not.

I suggest you read it again, "I know someone".

The person who attained the rise wasn't me, but someone who I currently work at Client Co with.
                  You protest too much

Comment

Name and shame the end client!
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X