• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Story Writing' competition for Home Office roles..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Story Writing' competition for Home Office roles..??

One agency yesterday forwarded me a list of 10+ story/event writing (like STAR) questions for a senior role at Home Office!!! Anyone aware of this type of process..? Is this from HO or the agency added it..? Agency is telling HO will see CVs only after evaluating these stories!!

Anyone seen this before..? Or better if anyone in CUK who is currently responsible for evaluating these stories in HO can explain what is expected of this process..??
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 25 May 2017, 17:17.

hmmm..looks like agency trick!!

Comment

"It was a dark and stormy night... and the pimp said until his flock, gather round boys I've got a story to tell..."
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        "It was a dark and stormy night... and the pimp said until his flock, gather round boys I've got a story to tell..."
        thanks/..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          thanks/..
          Are you from Wales?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

One agency yesterday forwarded me a list of 10+ story/event writing (like STAR) questions for a senior role at Home Office!!! Anyone aware of this type of process..? Is this from HO or the agency added it..? Agency is telling HO will see CVs only after evaluating these stories!!

Anyone seen this before..? Or better if anyone in CUK who is currently responsible for evaluating these stories in HO can explain what is expected of this process..??
            I assume that you already know that the role at the Home Office will be OFF-PAYROLL-WORKER and PAYE.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
              I assume that you already know that the role at the Home Office will be OFF-PAYROLL-WORKER and PAYE.
              I am told this role is outside IR35

Comment

I am told this role is outside IR35
                Verbally or within the advert / job description?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Verbally or within the advert / job description?
                  IR35 status confirmed verbally..

Comment

IR35 status confirmed verbally..
                    The statement from the agent is worth as much as the paper its written on....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X