• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to handle inferiority complex of Permie hiring manager..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle inferiority complex of Permie hiring manager..??

Friends,

How to handle inferiority complex (!) of hiring/line/reporting managers while they recruit interview Contractors who are much experienced than them...???

Most of permie resources I worked are lesser experienced, last few interviews I am getting too much reference to "Excessive Experience "!!! How to handle this situation..?? Thanks.

Act like you're stupid when you are probably very capable. Makes them feel better.

Go to General if you want to see how it's done.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
      Friends,

How to handle inferiority complex (!) of hiring/line/reporting managers while they recruit interview Contractors who are much experienced than them...???

Most of permie resources I worked are lesser experienced, last few interviews I am getting too much reference to "Excessive Experience "!!! How to handle this situation..?? Thanks.
      Play the idiot.

HTH.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Play the idiot.

HTH.
        Ask PC for tips how

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Ask PC for tips how
          I did actually say play the idiot
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Ermm...

You should be asking how you can help them. It's not about being (or perhaps only feeling) superior. They know their business far better than you do, all you're there for is to fill in a quite small missing piece.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Ermm...

You should be asking how you can help them. It's not about being (or perhaps only feeling) superior. They know their business far better than you do, all you're there for is to fill in a quite small missing piece.
              Very true, as I'm usually engaged as an SME, I would be both extremely surprised and disappointed if the interviewer was as experienced as me.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I did actually say play the idiot
                You don't want to get lumped with a load of inside IR35 service desk BAU work.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Act like you're stupid when you are probably very capable. Makes them feel better.

Go to General if you want to see how it's done.
                  Aim is to get the gig!!!

Comment

Play the idiot.

HTH.
                    Aim is to get the gig!! first of all how to avoid getting feedback from agency xyx CV is rejected because of "Excessive Experience", though experience level is below 20 years!!

Comment

Working...
                    X