• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to handle inferiority complex of Permie hiring manager..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really are better than them, then you'd know how to handle it. If you're not better than them, but act like you are, then you need to knock your ego back a peg or two.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Play the idiot.

HTH.
      He doesn't need to play

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Friends,

How to handle inferiority complex (!) of hiring/line/reporting managers while they recruit interview Contractors who are much experienced than them...and on a shed load more than them???

Most of permie resources I worked are lesser experienced, last few interviews I am getting too much reference to "Excessive Experience "!!! How to handle this situation..?? Thanks.
        You missed a bit out ^^

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          You missed a bit out ^^
          No he didn't. In terms of costs to the client, we probably aren't.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

and don't drive the Porsche / Ferrari / Lambo to the office car park

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              If you really are better than them, then you'd know how to handle it. If you're not better than them, but act like you are, then you need to knock your ego back a peg or two.

I found myself wondering if this was actually about you and the way you come across. What does 'excessive experience' really mean? is this a polite way of saying 'bloke fancies himself a bit'. They will have seen your CV; if you have the experience, you have the experience. Surely the manager is looking for someone who will deliver and he can bask in your limelight because he appointed you? or does he end up thinking you are some kind of a threat to him (despite being a contractor) because of your attitude?
              Please accept my apologies if I've got you completely wrong by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                My Mrs. who also contracts in IT summed it up for me, "I don't care if someones a complete chunt, as long as they are that good."
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Yes he did. In terms of the individual permie interviewing him day rate will be higher than the salary.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I did actually say play the idiot
                    Good point

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      Permie devs at current client-co are not very good but are on 75k and more, add on employers NI, pension, sick pay, holidays, training, bonus etc and it is probably more expensive for then than getting a contractor in for 500 notes a day.

Comment

Working...
                      X