• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turning an offer down last minute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the above!

I did say it was Niche!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      My point is not to pin your hopes on a "startup that could make millions". It almost certainly won't. In fact, it's such a long shot that you may as well stick an extra £5 on the lottery every week instead. Just as much chance of hitting the jackpot with a hell of a lot less effort and stress.
      What kind of F*ing logic is that?

And why fear failure? I've had to fail several times before the chance of succeeding increased to about the 50/50 mark which is where I am with my next startup attempt....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        What kind of F*ing logic is that?

And why fear failure? I've had to fail several times before the chance of succeeding increased to about the 50/50 mark which is where I am with my next startup attempt....
        The fact is he probably thinks I'm talking about a small app or something piece meal, which I'm not.
        It has not being implemented within a company yet, but they have come close a couple of times.

They are just at the stage of providing a few limited trials etc.
        Its interesting and has actually made her more employable for one, its not all about the big bucks, as I said earlier.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Right so I had the meeting and clients are very interested. The problem is I'm running out of time.....

How best to ask them to hurry up and make a decision? (Bear in mind this isn't General!)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Right so I had the meeting and clients are very interested. The problem is I'm running out of time.....

How best to ask them to hurry up and make a decision? (Bear in mind this isn't General!)
            You sure you are cut out for this?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You sure you are cut out for this?
              I'm probably not to be fair, but I always give it a go anyway - it has got me so this far so why stop!?

Comment

Got side tracked from what I was initially asking!

Turning down an offer last minute despite not actually signing it and with client expecting you to come on board....

Surely not cool. I wouldn't like it to happen to me. On the other hand you haven't actually signed so from their perspective job isn't in the bag....

Comment

Correct on both counts.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X